Who can use this feature
- Meter Network Admins
Meter Network supports 802.1X for authentication, providing an added layer of security. 802.1X can be leveraged on both wireless (with WPA2-Enterprise) and wired (directly on switches). Meter Network is compatible with any RADIUS server that implements the 802.1X protocol.
To set up 802.1X, we'll need to establish communication between your Meter Network and your RADIUS server. The following steps describe the information needed:
- Name of your RADIUS Server Vendor: This is the company that produces your RADIUS server software.
- Specify the SSID(s) for 802.1X Use: The Service Set Identifier (SSID) is the network name. Let us know the SSIDs that should use 802.1X as well as if you’d like this applied to switches (wired connections) as well.
- RADIUS Server IP Address: This is the specific address that points to your RADIUS server over the network.
- RADIUS Secret: This validates the integrity of your server to the Meter Network.
- Verify Ports: By default, we use standard ports for authentication/authorization (1812) and accounting (1813). If your RADIUS server uses different ports, please provide those details.
Once collected, please submit a support request with this information and our technical support engineering team will help update your network. If you’re unable to locate all of it or are unsure, please submit what you have and our team will assist you.